English testing level B – Exam 1
1. You can join the club when you ________ a bit older.
2. If you ________ your money to mine, we shall have enough.
3. I’ll phone as soon as I ________ to London.
4. We decided ________ at home this afternoon.
5. He kept ________ the same thing again and again.
6. They ________ our party about eleven.
7. Paul ________ with us for about nine days by now.
8. Last year I ________ all of my books in my office.
9. I’m afraid I ________ my gloves when I was walking home.
10. Mark prefers cycling ________ driving.
11. Your sister used to visit you quite often, ________?
12. After the way she treated you, if I ________ in your place, I wouldn’t return the call.
13. I think that you had better ________ earlier so that you can get to class on time.
14. I have finished typing all ________ the last page.
15. There is no reason to ________ the man simply because you do not agree with him.
16. I’m a sharp cookie. There’s no way anybody can pull the wool over my ________.
17. If that firm wants to attract workers, it must ________ the pay.
18. The lung transplant operation was ________ complicated and the doctors had to take special care to ensure its success.
19. Anne’s boss is sometimes forgetful ________ the promises he has made.
20. I am glad so many people have passed the test. In fact, there were ________ who haven’t.