English testing level B – Exam 14
1. I had ________ decided to take a coat when it started to rain.
2. I’m sorry I ________ able to see you yesterday.
3. I can’t advise you what to do: you must use your own ________.
4. I ________ to any of these meetings since last April.
5. ________ to Professor Martin since last Monday?
6. There was ________ I could say.
7. Today’s weather isn’t as cold as it was yesterday, ________?
8. The policeman told the driver to pull over and asked, ________.
9. The other driver failed to signal his ________ to turn right so I had to brake suddenly.
10. Mary Smith decided to give up her job for the ________ of her children.
11. Stop criticising me all the time -you never stop getting ________ me.
12. He’s not the sort of person to trust. He’s a bad ________.
13. Unfortunately ________ built up during the race, and shortly most of the summertime boats turned to and went home.
14. Liz is two years ________ than Jane.
15. ________ he leaves or I leave.
16. If the prisoners attempt to escape from prison ________.
17. No educational system is perfect. Each one has its ________.
18. He’s not very sensible as far as money ________ are concerned.
19. He is the world champion. We all know ________ he is at boxing.
20. Our plane will arrive ________ Don Muang at noon.