English testing level B – Exam 15
1. The bridge goes ________ the river.
2. Tell me the reason ________ you said that.
3. I shall be working late ________ office this evening.
4. Bill has ________ his job and gone back to college.
5. I don’t think he would mind ________ there with me.
6. This is the woman ________ the artist said posed as a model for the painting.
7. Sending ________ “special delivery” costs about fifteen times as much as sending it “regular delivery”.
8. I was just ________ to go out when you telephoned.
9. The dentist told him to open his mouth ________.
10. You will spend at least one year working abroad ________ you can find out how things operate overseas.
11. The young girl carefully ________ left and right before crossing the road.
12. You really can’t ________ a thing that woman says!
13. His house is nothing out of the ________; it’s just an average four-room house.
14. Fortunately, Boston’s traditional swanboat rides provide ________ from the city’s summer heat.
15. ________ people can live without any money.
16. In ________ cases it is clear who it is that is responsible for a marriage break-up.
17. When their mother died, the children were ________ by their Aunt Mary.
18. I intended to write to you several times, but something was always ________.
19. He wants to go there and she ________.
20. I should like to become a ________ of your club.