English testing level B – Exam 23
1. Can you see the woman ________ the right?
2. I still have ________ time to spare.
3. The country has a system of ________, most of which date from the nineteenth century.
4. I had quite ________ on my way to work this morning.
5. I think he should ________ a room in one of the hotels.
6. Would you mind ________ the window?
7. Jack ________ me anything about his holiday plans so far.
8. I’m very tired – I ________ all morning.
9. I’d like to know what you do for ________.
10. Alex didn’t come to see the film last night because he ________ it before.
11. I ________ bacon and eggs every morning.
12. If Bob ________ with us, he would have had a good time.
13. I always put my best ________ in a safe-deposit box.
14. The only way to get ________ in this company is to work hard and make no mistakes.
15. “There are ________ leftovers for you in the fridge”, she cried out.
16. He is a good student. He always ________ his hand.
17. – What will we do today? – Let’s go for a walk, ________?
18. Human beings, as distinct from ________ animals, can think for themselves.
19. The temple is only ________ drive from the station.
20. Elementary school children, who have not yet been repeatedly disappointed by other people, are much more ________ than older and more cynical high school students.