English testing level C – Exam 12
1. The little girl wouldn’t go into the sea ________ her father went too.
2. The ________ part of the week is always busy for me.
3. She ________ to take her neighbour to court if he didn’t stop making so much noise.
4. You mustn’t be angry with her. It wasn’t her ________ that she was late.
5. He sat there with his arms ________ doing nothing, waiting for us.
6. Our neighbours ________ their hedge cut once a year.
7. I could tell he was pleased ________ the expression on his face.
8. Tom always calls himself Tom Williams, but his ________ surname is Winterbottom.
9. If you keep trying you might ________ to do it.
10. Joan’s third child was born in the ambulance ________ to the hospital.
11. The meeting, ladies and gentlemen, is now ________.
12. They promised to write ________ we never heard from them again.
13. I ________ to him for my bad behaviour.
14. Ever ________ he was in junior school Nicholas has wanted to become a doctor.
15. It was on the top shelf, out of ________.
16. Computers are supposed to ________ time, but I’m not so sure they do!
17. I didn’t mean to do it; it was ________ accident.
18. Her acceptance speech was ________, eliciting thunderous applause at several points.
19. a wild goose chase = ________.
20. You could have avoided risking ________, General Brown.