English testing level C – Exam 3
1. It’s an awful ________ your wife couldn’t come. I was looking forward to meeting her.
2. There is a fault at out TV station. Please do not ________ your set.
3. Don’t touch the cat, he may ________ you.
4. The managers agreed to ________ the question of payment.
5. Owing to the bad weather, the garden party was ________.
6. I am sorry I opened your handbag but I ________ it for mine.
7. The ________ of these volunteers for hard work is amazing.
8. I like England, but I wish it ________ rain quite so much.
9. He was so tired that he ________ asleep in the chair.
10. He has just taken an examination ________ chemistry.
11. They shouldn’t have ________ the accident. It wasn’t my fault.
12. The bank won’t lend you the money without some ________ that you will pay it back.
13. When you come tomorrow why not ________ your brother with you?
14. After he had broken his leg, Henry could only go up and down stairs ________.
15. Who does this book belong ________?
16. All my handbags ________ of leather.
17. He’s the perfect person to take on this difficult job. He’s a really hard- ________ person and won’t stand for any nonsense.
18. a sabbatical year = ________.
19. It always ________ me as odd that he should go off to work so late in the day.
20. I walked away as calmly as I could ________ they thought I was the thief.