English testing level B – Exam 19
1. She thanked ________ so kind.
2. I forgot to ________ him to buy some bread.
3. I read an interesting ________ in a newspaper about farming today.
4. We all ________ him good luck when he decided to emigrate.
5. Janet and Joe seem to get ________ very well together.
6. Several prisoners ________ from their guards and escaped.
7. The students ________ their classes about eight o’clock.
8. A cold wind ________ for the last three days.
9. I ________ this letter around for days and haven’t even looked at it.
10. The opera premiere was attended by ________.
11. He ________ being given a receipt for the bill he had paid.
12. When I telephoned the headmaster, his secretary told me to ________ on as he was talking to someone else.
13. Then, all of a ________ there was an explosion and the lights went out.
14. Good parents should ________ for their children.
15. When the house is not occupied, it is ________.
16. I ________ swim in this river when I was young.
17. My mother got home ________ ago.
18. Give me the message to ________ is at the desk!
19. In a week’s time you ________ in Boston for a year.
20. – Are you leaving? – Yes, but I wish I ________ to go.