English testing level B – Exam 21
1. I’m sorry I ________ your party: I was away at the time.
2. The workmen made so much ________ that Mrs Walker had to spend three days cleaning up afterwards.
3. After the game, the referee was interviewed ________ television.
4. He thanked me for what I ________ the previous week.
5. ________ going to the party.
6. Something extremely strange ________ yesterday while we were out jogging.
7. His English teacher recommends that he ________ a regular degree program.
8. How much snow ________ now?
9. When she was crossing the room the night-nurse happened to notice the old lady ________ to get out of bed.
10. This morning the postman was ________ down the street by my dog.
11. The way he never listens to me really gets ________ my nerves.
12. His speech was not appropriate ________ the occasion.
13. Her parents were very ________ because she was out so late that night.
14. If it ________, the match will be postponed.
15. – You look very tired. – I ________ papers all day.
16. When the boy ________ the car he was badly injured.
17. Monkeys belong to the group of animals ________ as primates.
18. When you do a favour for someone, don’t expect anything ________.
19. Since your roommate is visiting her family this weekend, ________ you like to have dinner with us tonight?
20. How long ________ French?