English testing level B – Exam 8
1. He hoped the appointment would enable him to gain greater ________ in publishing.
2. Your room is a mess! ________ it up at once!
3. Large waves were ________ on the seashore.
4. Their house is ________ near the Cathedral.
5. There was hardly ________ money left in my bank account.
6. They were making enough noise at the party to wake the ________.
7. Can you ________ me 5$ until next week?
8. As far as I know, she ________ back yet.
9. I’ve decided to join ________ this club.
10. Are you sure Miss Smith ________ use the new equipment?
11. His government insisted that he ________ until he finished his degree.
12. Because they usually receive the same score on standardized examinations, there is often disagreement as to ________ is the better student, Bob or Helen.
13. She remembered the correct address only ________ she had posted the letter.
14. The managers agreed to ________ the question of payment.
15. When he left school, John decided to ________ a priest instead of studying languages.
16. It is clearly not true – just a ________ and bull story.
17. Your brother is very tall. What is his exact ________?
18. Studying late at night is one of those things that ________ me tired.
19. He is a man who won’t ________ his promise.
20. ________ that he only started learning two years ago, his English is excellent.